1 hr 20 mins
A lovely veggie soup. Everyone from vegetarians to meat lovers will like this soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 stalks flat leaf parsley
- 1 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 large sprigs fresh marjoram
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounces pumpkin, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 carrot, cut in half lengthways and thinly sliced
- 2 liters vegetable stock or 2 liters water
- 1/2 cup broad bean (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 2 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup short macaroni or 1/2 cup shell pasta
- 1Tie the parsley, rosemary, thyme, marjoram with cooking string.
- 2Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan and add onion and leek. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until soft.
- 3Add the herb bunch, bay leaf, pumpkin, potato, carrot, 1 tsp salt and the stock. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are almost tender.
- 4Add the broad beans, peas, zucchini, tomato and pasta. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are very tender and the pasta is cooked. Add more water if necessary.
- 5Remove the herbs, including the bay leaf.
- 6FOR THE PISTOU:.
- 7Finely chop the basil and garlic in a small food processor. Pour in the oil gradually, processing until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- 8Serve spooned over the soup as a garnish.
- 9NOTE: the flavor of this soup improves if refrigerated overnight, then gently reheated.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soupe Au Pistou (Vegetable Soup With Basil Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 152.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
flat leaf parsley