9 hrs 30 mins
8 hrs 30 mins
In 'The French Slow Cooker' by Michele Scicolone
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium boiling potatoes, peeled and chopped (Yukon Gold)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 8 cups water
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans (drained canned are ok)
- 1 cup small shell pasta (ditalini or elbows)
- 1Make the pistou-in a food processor or blender, combine the herbs and garlic; process until finely chopped; add salt to taste.
- 2Blend in the oil; taste for seasoning and adjust (may use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days).
- 3Soupe-in a large slow cooker, combine the carrots, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, zucchini, and water; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
- 5Stir in the beans and pasta; cook until the pasta is tender, about 30 minutes; taste for seasoning and adjust.
- 6Spoon the soup into serving bowls; top each bowl with a spoonful of the pistou and serve hot.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soupe Au Pistou (Provencal Vegetable Soup With Pesto)
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 294.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g