2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Member #610488's Note:
Supposedly a recipe from the kitchens of Le Grappe d'Or, Lausanne, Switzerland.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy bottomed frying pan, melt the butter and the sugar together.
- 2Add the onions and slowly brown them until they are dark brown (about 30 minutes). Stir frequently remembering to use a wooden spoon to occasionally lift off the brown from the bottom of the pan.
- 3Add flour, cooking and stirring it for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add broth and simmer partially covered for 1 hour.
- 5To serve, ladle each serving into an oven proof serving bowl and top with one crouton per bowl. Cover each bowl generously with Swiss cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 6Bake covered on a baking sheet at 325F for 15 minutes and then uncovered for another 10 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soupe a L'oignon (French Onion Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.5
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 639.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: