Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from Noreast.com. a few years ago, one of my husbands favorite fishing web sites. It's so simple to prepare yet elegant enough for company. You will not be disappointed!
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup capers
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh striped bass
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1 large tomatoes
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Clean and filet fresh fish,(ok frozen if you have to) rub both sides with olive oil.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 10x15" pan with washed spinach and arrange fish on top.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped garlic on top of filets along with some salt'n'pepper and fresh basil.
- Alternate thin slices of tomatoes and onions along the top of the fish, sprinkle the entire dish with cheese.
- Crush the canned whole tomatoes by hand(think rustic) and spread over dish with their liquid.
- Sprinkle capers around pan and add wine.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, remove foil, bake 10 more. Serve alone or over linguini.
Delicious. I cut way back on the capers as my husband does not care for them. Followed the recipe for everything else. Very nice presentation
This is excellent. I loved all the flavors, kind of a burst in your mouth! Yum! We used 1 pound of sea bass and it was just right for the two of us. Wish I was able to take a picture. The bass looked beautiful sitting on the bed of fresh spinach. Love the capers!!!Thanks for a great recipe!