Soupa De Almendras (Almond Soup)
- Melt butter in large saucepan, add onions and cook on medium heat until onion is wilted; blend in flour.
- Stir in vegetable stock. Cook, stirring until smooth and boiling.
- In a processor or nut chopper, finely chop almonds to resemble a paste.
- Add to soup along with seasonings, stirring with a fork to break up the almond paste.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine cream, egg yolks and lemon rind. Pour slowly into the hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Heat but do not bring to a boil.
- Serve garnished with sprigs of watercress and a sprinkle of nutmeg.