Recipe by truebrit
This tasty soup is very popular in Greece and Cyprus. I remember my father making it on chilly winter days, especially when there were colds and flu in the household! Sometimes he would add chopped, cooked chicken to the soup, and other times he would serve it plain. This is a taste of my childhood.
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to boil in saucepan, and add rice or orzo.
- Cover and cook on medium low heat for 20-25 minutes (rice) or 10 minutes (orzo).
- While the rice cooks, lightly beat the eggs and the lemon juice together.
- Remove the broth from heat.
- Slowly mix about one cup of the hot broth into egg-lemon mixture.
- Add to the soup gradually while stirring.
- Place saucepan back on the heat, and stir until soup is heated through (DO NOT BOIL).