- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion and rice. Simmer until rice and vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat lemon juice and eggs; slowly add some of the hot broth to the egg mixture beating steadily to temper it. Gradually whisk the egg mixture back into the hot soup.
- Cook over minimum heat, without boiling, until soup thickens, about 5 minutes.
- DO NOT BOIL soup after adding the eggs.