Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe is great to use up the odds and ends of leftover pasta.
- 946.36 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml water
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 113.39 g boneless chicken breast, coarsely chopped
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 56.69 g pasta
- In a large saucepan bring chicken broth and water to a boil.
- Add bay leaves, onions, carrot and garlic.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- In a skillet cook and stir chicken in hot oil for 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add chicken, pastas, and sage to soup.
- Simmer, uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes or until larger pieces of pasta are tender but slightly firm.
- Remove the bay leaves.
This was so very good and so very easy to make!!! Definitely healthier than canned soup...I have a feeling this will be our new go to soup recipe! I didn't see sage in the ingredient list so we added just a couple sprinkles; the only other change we made was to use some leftover chicken breasts that we boiled in pepper and poultry seasoning. Made for your Week 16 Football Pool win...congrats!!!
Excellent soup. So easy to put together and make for a quick homemade soup. I keep homemade chicken broth in the freezer year round added in cooked chicken breast and a smidge of leftover turkey. Followed the recipe throughout and everyone enjoyed this. Yesterday's snow storm made this the perfect lunch after shoveling. In the keeper file it goes. I may add in some green beans or spinach from the freezer next time to get extra veggies in. Made for Aussie/NZ Swap 35.
I can't believe no one has ever rated this wonderful recipe. This was so easy and so tasty. Very inexpensive as well. I did end up using more than the stated 2oz of pasta. There was just that little bit left in the bag, and I just had to add it. :) Sage was not listed in the ingredients, and as I've not used it much, wasn't sure how much to use. I played it safe and added 1/8 tsp. Tasted good to me. Thanks margainegeiser for a recipe that will be made often. Made for the Auzzie/NZ Recipe Swap #33