Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I found this recipe in a Fix-It-and-Forget-It magazine, and we fell in love with it. Any time I need to knock off a couple pounds, I'll pull this one out. The recipe states it's ideal for a 7-quart cooker.
- 3 (48 ounce) cans low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- 5 parsnips, chopped
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 4 red bell peppers or 4 green bell peppers, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen cauliflower, thawed (florets)
- 2 slices fresh gingerroot, 1-inch thick
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.