Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sounds kinda funky but it is a great wintertime one pot meal. Men LOVE this. I usually serve it with broccoli cornbread, but any kind of cornbread is wonderful with it. It also freezes well.
- 3 (10 ounce) canscampbells minestrone soup (Do not use Progresso)
- 2 cans ranch style beans, undrained
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, brown meat& onion.
- Add soups and beans.
- If canned tomatoes need chopping, chop them and add.
- Cook slow over low heat for about 30 minutes to an hour.
I've been making this for years and agree that Campbell's is the best choice for the canned soups. We also call it Cowboy Soup or Camp Soup since it's often the first meal made and served when the guy's open up the hunting camp for the season. It's also wonderul made with ground vension. We serve it with cheddar muffins.
How funny! We make this often and ONLY use Progresso and 1 can rotel (no wimpy Italian tomatoes) and 1 can beans. It's my most often requested recipe and loved by everyone that tastes it! Defintely one of those that taste soooooo much better than the ingredients list would lead you to believe! It's called Cowboy Soup at my house! PS I only put in the onion if I have one chopped. I have also used leftover taco meat successfully for the ground beef.