Recipe by Timothy H.
I had some sauerkraut on hand (usually have a case or less in the freezer) wanted to make a soup for a German party that I was invited too! I just made this from scratch and it is way beyond my expectations, the way all the flavors blended together.I made this in the crock pot a day in advance and you will find you have everything in cub board!
Top Review by Susie Pots & Pans
I lOVE Sauerkraut and LOVE this Soup! The flavors really blended well together. Great the next day! Remember, good rye bread! Great Eats! Keep it up! Regards, Susie Pots&Pans
- 1892.0 ml tomato juice
- 946.0 ml whole roma tomato
- 432.33 g canned corn
- 432.33 g green beans
- 1 large onion, diced
- 907.18 g bag sauerkraut
- 907.18 g smoked sausage or 907.18 g smoked kielbasa
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml caraway seed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml liquid smoke
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the whole Roma tomatoes into small pieces, about 1 inch pieces.
- Make sure you slice the sausage into 1/2 -1 inch rounds, then slice in half and add to the crock pot. Add all other ingredients to the crock and cook on low for 6-8 hours depending how your pot cooks.
- If your crock pot is high in temperature then you will only need 6 hours on low. If it one like mine that cooks cooler on low, then you will need 7-8 hours.