Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
At ordinary Chinese home meals, there is usually a common bowl of soup on the table of which you drink with your porcelain spoon any time of the meal, especially toward the end.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrots or 1⁄2 cup other vegetables
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 6 cups beef or 6 cups chicken bouillon
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg
- 3 eggs, beaten
- In saucepan, mix cornstarch with small amount of cold bouillon.
- Add remaining bouillon and other ingredients except eggs. Bring to boil and simmer until clear, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually stir in eggs, season to taste, then serve at once.