Recipe by Lorac
I made this for Xmas gifts last year and everyone raved about this soup. While similar to other recipes it has additional ingredients in the mix and in the preparation. I had space left in the jars I was using so I added baggies with Goldfish crackers and directed that they be removed with the macaroni.
- 78.07 ml beef bouillon granules
- 118.29 ml dried split peas
- 59.14 ml pearl barley
- 118.29 ml dry lentils
- 59.14 ml dried onion flakes
- 9.85 ml dried Italian seasoning
- 118.29 ml uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 118.29 ml uncooked alphabet pasta
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 2838.0 ml water
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the alphabet macaroni in a sealed plastic sandwich bag.
- In a 1 1/2 pint jar, layer the ingredients in the order given.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
- 1 jar soup mix.
- 1 pound ground beef.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes.
- 3 quarts water.
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Remove macaroni and set aside.
- In a large pot, brown ground beef with the garlic and drain excess fat.
- Add tomatoes, water and soup mix.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add macaroni, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.