1/2 Photos of Soup Mix in a Jar
I made this for Xmas gifts last year and everyone raved about this soup. While similar to other recipes it has additional ingredients in the mix and in the preparation. I had space left in the jars I was using so I added baggies with Goldfish crackers and directed that they be removed with the macaroni.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup dried split peas
- 1/4 cup pearl barley
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- 1Place the alphabet macaroni in a sealed plastic sandwich bag.
- 2In a 1 1/2 pint jar, layer the ingredients in the order given.
- 3Attach the following recipe to the jar.
- 51 jar soup mix.
- 61 pound ground beef.
- 72 garlic cloves, minced.
- 81 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes.
- 93 quarts water.
- 10Fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- 12Remove macaroni and set aside.
- 13In a large pot, brown ground beef with the garlic and drain excess fat.
- 14Add tomatoes, water and soup mix.
- 15Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- 16Add macaroni, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soup Mix in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (4503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2633.2
- Calories from Fat 664
- Total Fat 73.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 308.7 mg
- Sodium 2567.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 334.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 77.6 g
- Sugars 46.3 g
- Protein 160.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning