Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The Soup Kitchen, and WBIR TV The soup kitchen is a great resturant.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups clam juice
- 2 cups ham broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 3 cups diced onions
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels (thawed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup unsalted oyster crackers, crumbs (crushed very fine in blender)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Put all except the flour, cracker crumbs, and half and half in kettle.
- Bring to a boil and cook approximately 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- Then lower heat to simmer.
- Blend the flour, cracker crumbs, and half and half.
- Pour the mixture into kettle and stir.
- Simmer approximately 20 minutes.
- Add small amounts half and half as needed to thin final product.