2 hrs 1 min
From Woman's Day, May 17, 1983. Serve with a salad and crusty bread. The original recipe called for 1/2 teaspoon msg, but I don't use it, so I've removed it from the ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 shoulder lamb chops
- 2 quarts water
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 1-inch, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed fine
- 8 cardamom seeds, crushed fine
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seed, crushed fine
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 bunch green onion, whole, sliced thin
- 1Trim some fat from chops.
- 2Melt fat in Dutch oven.
- 3Add chops and brown well.
- 4Add all remaining ingredients except flour and green onion.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 2 hours.
- 7Remove abour 1/4 cup broth from pot and let cool (continue simmering soup in pot).
- 8Blend cooled broth with flour until smooth.
- 9Remove and discard lamb bones (meat should be falling apart).
- 10Stir in flour mixture.
- 11Cook and stir about 2 minutes, or until soup is slightly thickened.
- 12Sprinkle each serving with green onions.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soup Kambing (Malaysian Lamb Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.1
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shoulder lamb chops