Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This quart jar of soup ingredients is a personal and inexpensive gift to give to a casual friend or neighbor. You can use the same premise for the dry ingredients in cookies, brownies, etc.
- 236.59 ml elbow macaroni
- 118.29 ml split peas
- 59.14 ml barley
- 118.29 ml lentils
- 59.14 ml instant minced onion
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 118.29 ml long grain rice
- 236.59 ml curly macaroni
- 4 bouillon cubes
- 453.59 g ground round
- 3312.26 ml water
- Layer ingredients in a quart jar in the order given.
- Then place the following note on the jar:.
- "When you are in a hurry for a good meal,here is a good deal;.
- Take 1 pound of ground round and fry until browned;
- Without haste or waste, add 14 cups of water; bring to boil.
- Add contents of this jar and cook until tender, season to taste.
- Add vegetables or tomatoes for flavor.
- When you eat the above, Remember you are loved.".
I made 4 jars for a gift basket. Hope they taste as great as they look. Thanks for such an easy recipe!!!!!
The best ever tasted great and friends loved them.
Very attractive gift especially with festive fabric and rafia decorating the top! I loved the colors of the orange lentils, the green and yellow split peas and the tri color pasta that I used. I did find, however, that the visual appeal of the soup when I made it myself was less than appealing as the broth seemed to come out a grey color. I did add a can of tomato paste which eliminated the problem and added a delicious flavour to the soup. I included the addition of the tomato paste or diced tomatoes to the directions on the jar. Thanks for the great gift idea!