Recipe by Leta
This quart jar of soup ingredients is a personal and inexpensive gift to give to a casual friend or neighbor. You can use the same premise for the dry ingredients in cookies, brownies, etc.
- 236.59 ml elbow macaroni
- 118.29 ml split peas
- 59.14 ml barley
- 118.29 ml lentils
- 59.14 ml instant minced onion
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 118.29 ml long grain rice
- 236.59 ml curly macaroni
- 4 bouillon cubes
- 453.59 g ground round
- 3312.26 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer ingredients in a quart jar in the order given.
- Then place the following note on the jar:.
- "When you are in a hurry for a good meal,here is a good deal;.
- Take 1 pound of ground round and fry until browned;
- Without haste or waste, add 14 cups of water; bring to boil.
- Add contents of this jar and cook until tender, season to taste.
- Add vegetables or tomatoes for flavor.
- When you eat the above, Remember you are loved.".