Recipe by ChefMarinita
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This is why ! I just love this soup Because it cooks in a short time and it looks and taste fresh and is a must in my weekly menu! It is actually my own, I was late getting home from swimming school one day, I notice the clock and boy did I had to invent a fast meal before our mother come home to serve it to us! I had my 2 sisters and 2 brothers help with meal prep, and Just on the neck of time she walked in, I was glad to see her really I was! She sat down and I took her shoes off , I pray to God that our soup was cook on time and just the way she like it! I thank God that day! Really We all did! Now do you understand where the name come from? If my hart jump out of me !!! Thi is why is Soup for the heart!
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
The broth taste was very good. You can definitely taste the peppercorns and bay leaf.
By squeezing the tomato the broth was not clear. I cooked the vegetables ala dente,
everyone enjoyed the hamburger rice and vegies after I cooked the vegies until soft, not
slightly hard. I also turned the cabbage wedges over so they would cook all the way through.
The taste was delicious after cooking more and adding the Ranch Seasoning.
- 226.79 g Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 453.59 g 98% lean ground beef
- 113.39 g red potatoes, peeled and cut in large rounds
- 113.39 g baby carrots, peeled and bias cut
- 28.34 g shallot, small dice
- parsley stems, 6-8
- 28.34 g fresh tomato
- 4 peppercorns
- 2 fresh corn, cut 4 of each
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper
- 1 cabbage, cut in 8 portions
- 56.69 g long-grain white rice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 loaf of french garlic bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Add salt and white pepper to ground beef,.
- Make a sachet put the parsley stems the peppercorns the cloves and the bay leaf into a cooking cloth tie the end to secure it.
- now drop it deep in the pot.
- Add water to boil, (one quart of water).
- after that lower the heat to simmer,.
- slowly add the ground beef in small chunks, without stirring just like a consommé,.
- Now slowly add rice, and just before the rice is done.
- Add the carrots, the potatoes and the shallots,.
- Now add the cabbage ( cut in 4 pieces) the corn, salt and pepper.
- Not stirring at all hand squeeze the tomato.
- Get all your soup bowls ready!
- All your vegetables should be aldente.
- The soup should be clear and have a rich silky consistency.
- a squirt of lemon is recommended right before Serving it.
- top it with Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing a must! (With out damaging clear look)Serve garlic toast on the side!