Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This is why ! I just love this soup Because it cooks in a short time and it looks and taste fresh and is a must in my weekly menu! It is actually my own, I was late getting home from swimming school one day, I notice the clock and boy did I had to invent a fast meal before our mother come home to serve it to us! I had my 2 sisters and 2 brothers help with meal prep, and Just on the neck of time she walked in, I was glad to see her really I was! She sat down and I took her shoes off , I pray to God that our soup was cook on time and just the way she like it! I thank God that day! Really We all did! Now do you understand where the name come from? If my hart jump out of me !!! Thi is why is Soup for the heart!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 lb 98% lean ground beef
- 4 ounces red potatoes, peeled and cut in large rounds
- 4 ounces baby carrots, peeled and bias cut
- 1 ounce shallot, small dice
- parsley stems, 6-8
- 1 ounce fresh tomato
- 4 peppercorns
- 2 fresh corn, cut 4 of each
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cabbage, cut in 8 portions
- 2 ounces long-grain white rice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 loaf of french garlic bread
- 1Add salt and white pepper to ground beef,.
- 2Make a sachet put the parsley stems the peppercorns the cloves and the bay leaf into a cooking cloth tie the end to secure it.
- 3now drop it deep in the pot.
- 4Add water to boil, (one quart of water).
- 5after that lower the heat to simmer,.
- 6slowly add the ground beef in small chunks, without stirring just like a consommé,.
- 7Now slowly add rice, and just before the rice is done.
- 8Add the carrots, the potatoes and the shallots,.
- 9Now add the cabbage ( cut in 4 pieces) the corn, salt and pepper.
- 10Not stirring at all hand squeeze the tomato.
- 11Get all your soup bowls ready!
- 12All your vegetables should be aldente.
- 13The soup should be clear and have a rich silky consistency.
- 14a squirt of lemon is recommended right before Serving it.
- 15top it with Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing a must! (With out damaging clear look)Serve garlic toast on the side!
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soup for the Hearts #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.9
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 345.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% lean ground beef
salt and pepper