Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A dear friend used to bring this to church potlucks. She always took home an empty dish and everyone wanted this recipe. This was written down and tucked into my wedding gift from her. Very tasty and easy new way to serve potatoes.
- Mix water, soup mix, margarine, and pepper; stir well.
- Place potatoes in a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Pour water mixture over potatoes; covering potatoes well.
- Bake at 350°, covered, for about 2hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Uncover and sprinkle parsely over potatoes for last 30 minutes of baking to brown potatoes.
- NOTE: I have used more pepper than called for, and I have halved this with no problems.
- It may not take the full 2 hours to cook.
Loved these. They were so good and easy to make. I used red potatoes and I didn't have two hours so I cut them up and cooked them in the microwave for ten minutes and then cooked them in the oven for any hour. We all loved these. I made as directed other then I used I can't believe its not butter and didn't add the parsley.Will make again.
These potatoes were wonderful! What a great flavor! I made a half recipe, but used Mareesme's suggestion of 2/3 C of water, and added a couple of drops of hot sauce (Cholula). The potatoes were done after 1 hour, but the timing was probably due to the size of the potato cubes. I'll be making these potatoes over and over again with many different meals. Thanks so much for posting!
These were absolutely outstanding and SO easy! I used half the recipe with 2/3 C water and made as directed. I sprayed the casserole dish with Pam and baked about 1 hour, checking and stirring after about 30 minutes. I will be making this over and over again and thank you so much for the recipe!