Recipe by Dona England
Buttery little bites to accompany your soup. This is a Jacques Pepin recipe.
Top Review by chef 1010725
These are excellent! I enjoyed 3-4 of them dipped in garlic butter as a nice alternative to breadsticks, which I don't enjoy. 2 tbs of onion powder in place of the leeks also works well.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped leek
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Butter a mini muffin pan.
- In a large Pyrex cup, put a half cup finely chopped leeks and 4 Tablespoons butter.
- Nuke them until the butter melts and add 1/2 cup cold milk.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- With a fork, beat in an egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Then mix in 1/2 cup A/P flour, 1/2 cup oakmeal flakes and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- Fill 12 minu cups and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn out and serve warm.