Recipe by mailbelle
A local deli/restaurant serves cream soups in a bread bowl that is delicious! Found this recipe for the bread bowl on the Aldi website. I plan on trying it with beef stew. I think it would be great for Superbowl parties too. Give each person their own little bread bowl filled with Rotel dip. Hope it's as good as the ones at the deli!
- 2 loaves frozen white bread dough, thawed and cut into thirds
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Form each dough third into a ball. Place on a cookie sheet that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Brush with beaten egg.
- Cover with plastic wrap that has also been sprayed and let rise 2-3 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and slice off top. Hollow out bread bowl and fill with favorite creamed soup or dip.
- ***The restaurant I've had these at puts the top back on for you to dip into the soup.