Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Traditional French onion soup.
- 600 g onions (halved and thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 ounce butter
- 1⁄2 ounce flour
- 1 liter beef stock
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add sliced onions and cook on medium until browned.
- Add garlic, cook for a few minutes.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Add beef stock and reduce by 1/4.
- Add salt and pepper until you've reached the desired taste.
- To do things properly, put in heat-proof bowl with 1/2 inch French bread and Swiss cheese; broil 3-5 minutes or until brown.