Recipe by Bergy
This is a very traditional Spanish recipe. I posted this by request and it is not one of my favorites but it is traditional. Vary your seafood to suit your taste
- 2 dozen butter clams (fresh or frozen)
- 2 dozen mussels (may be frozen)
- 2 dozen razor clams (substitute with butter clams)
- 1 3⁄4 pints water
- 5 ounces day-old white bread, slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a boil& add the seafood
- Cook until all the shells are open; discard any unopened shells.
- Remove meat and discard the shells.
- Save the stock and strain.
- Bring the stock to a boil and add the bread slices.
- cook 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile saute the onion, garlic& parsley in the oil until onion is golden.
- Add to the seafood stockpot.
- Pour even portions into 4 soup bowls and crack a raw egg in each bowl, have the soup very hot so it poaches the egg.