Recipe by Making Stuff
The best vegan mac n' cheese I've ever had! The recipe comes from the Soul Vegetarian Cook Book, but I've only had this at their restaurants. I'm trying it tomorrow--I'll let you know how it goes!
- 14 ounces macaroni noodles
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 cup soymilk (or rice, or nut milk)
- 8 ounces tofu (1/2 block)
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water in medium sauce pan and add noodles. Turn off the heat. Let macaroni stand in hot water until al dente (about 5 minutes). Drain in colander. Run cold water over noodles to stop cooking process.
- Blend tofu and soy milk in blender until smooth. Pour into mixing bowl. Add tahini, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and salt to taste. Mix until smooth.
- Add noodles to cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Place in lightly oiled casserole dish, top with pats of margarine.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.