Recipe by Cookin'withGas
A very simple sweet potato pie for the beginner pie maker! It is a little different from the usual, though, because it includes a bit of bourbon in it...Not to worry, the 'alcohol' will bake out and you'll be left with only an underlying tang of whisky...Trust me, it's VERY good!
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked drained and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all items (EXCEPT the pie shell), in a large bowl, beating well --.
- Pour into the pie shell and bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until set --.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled (I like it chilled) with a generous portion of sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip.