Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Not sure where I got this one. It seems very easy for those days when you don't want to fuss.
Make and share this Soul Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast or 3 -4 lbs rump roast
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 yellow onions, small, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place meat in a 6 quart Dutch oven.
- Surround the roast with the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the soup mix, the mushroom soup, water and pepper.
- Pour over the roast and veggies and cook, covered for 4-5 hours until tender.
I have made this recipe in my crock pot for years. I cook it on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. The meat is so tender and you have a nice gravy to serve over mashed potatoes.