1/2 Photos of SOUL FOOD SWEET POTATO POUND CAKE
1 hr 15 mins
Southern Lady's Note:
Recipe by the "Queen of Soul Food" Sylvia Woods (RIP 7/19/12) You can use Sugar Substitute or Regular Sugar. Woods teamed up with Spenda to reduce calories in some of her recipes. I use Xylitol or Ideal Sugar Substitute and think it's healthier than Spenda IMHO
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 709.77 ml cake flour, sifted
- 473.18 ml Splenda sugar substitute, Sugar Substitute (granular)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 236.59 ml low-fat buttermilk
- 4.92 ml lemon extract
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan. Sprinkle walnuts in pan; set aside.
- 3Combine flour, sugar or sugar substitute, baking powder, salt and soda in a large bowl; set aside.
- 4Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer for about two minutes or until creamy.
- 5Add sweet potatoes, buttermilk and extracts, beating until blended.
- 6Add flour mixture in thirds, beating until batter is smooth after each addition.
- 7Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- 8Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 9Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in the center comes our clean.
- 10Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack.
- 11Remove from pan nut side up.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for SOUL FOOD SWEET POTATO POUND CAKE
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.8
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 201.7 mg
- Sodium 528.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 11.5 g