Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Another nice recipe out of my AMC cookbook!
Top Review by N@
This is a lovely treat that takes no time to put together. I would serve this to guests, without a doubt. I used brown sugar instead of white and added a little cinnamon. Maybe next time I'll try a little coco. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 6 ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into bits (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle extract over the nuts and toss in the raisins.
- Peel bananas, cut in half lengthwise.
- Arrange cut side up in a flat roaster.
- Sprinkle with raisin mixture and add the wine.
- Sprinkle with sugar and if desired dot it with butter.
- Cover and heat the pan on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot directly from the pan with whipped cream or ice cream.
- I prefer it with ice cream!