Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in the Gourmet Magazine Oct/2008. Sounds like truly comfort food!! It accompanied a wonderful article about Clementine Paddleford, if you get a chance read it!! I will update once I have made it. (also going to try and cut some of the fat).
- Pour milk over bread crumbs; add cheese.
- Cover and let stand until cheese melts.
- Add macaroni.
- Combine and add beaten egg yolks, pimento, parsley, onion, salt and melted butter.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into mixture.
- Pour into a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees until puffed and golden, about 35 minutes.