Souffled Crepes With Grand Marnier
- Place 100g of the flour, 300ml of the milk, 1 tablespoon of the butter, 1 of the eggs and 1 egg yolk in the bowl of a food processor and process to combine. Transfer to a jug and set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Lightly grease a 15cm crepe pan with melted butter. When hot, pour in enough batter to cover the base of the pan. Cook for 1 minute each side until golden. Stack the crepes with a sheet of baking paper between each layer until you are ready to use them. (Place in an airtight container if storing for more than 1 hour.)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C Place remaining butter in a saucepan, add remaining flour and milk and cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until thick. Remove from heat, beat in 2 egg yolks and the Grand Marnier.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 2 egg whites until stiff, slowly add the caster sugar and continue to whisk until thick and glossy. Fold the egg whites into the Grand Marnier mixture. Place 2 tablespoons of the filling on one half of each crepe, fold over the other half to enclose. Carefully place filled crepes on a large greased baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until well risen.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with cream if desired.