Recipe by WendyMaq
A light and fluffy chicken recipe from South Beach diet. Phase 1.
Top Review by ebflin26
I LOVE this recipe! I just made it tonight for dinner with a side of brown rice. I don't however, get rid of the garlic. After lightly browning the garlic in olive oil, I brown the chicken. While chicken is baking, I use the same pan to make the sauce. Leftovers are perfect the lunch box.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 (12 ounce) packagestouffer's frozen spinach souffle, not thawed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- lemon slice (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the frozen spinach souffle crosswise into 4 equal pieces.
- Top half of each whole breast with one of the pieces of souffle.
- Fold half of the chicken over the filling and fasten edges with wooden picks.
- Heat the oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Add chicken breasts and cook for 7 minutes per side or until well browned.
- Remove chicken to an oven-proof dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 170 degrees F when inserted into the thickest portion.
- While the chicken is baking, add broth, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to the large skillet.
- Heat to boiling then reduce to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to 1/2.
- To serve, remove and discard wooden picks. Arrange chicken on a warm serving platter and spoon sauce over the chicken. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and lemon slices.