Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A 'Mock" souffle' but light and fluffy and very good! Use up those left over mashed potatoes.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (plain or use a dip flavor such as french onion or chive or garlic)
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat ove to 350.
- Grease 2 qt casserole.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together potatoes, cottage cheese, sour cream, egg yolks, onion, 2 TBS melted butter, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Beat with mixer until light and fluffy, scraping often.
- GENTLY fold in the egg whites.
- CAREFULLY spoon into the casserole.
- Dot with 1 TBS butter.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour til puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately.
My husband, a mashed potato lover, said these were the lightest he's ever eaten! They puffed up real nice and had a nice flavor! Thanks for posting!