Recipe by Rita~
This is a puffy omelet with creamy brie cheese. Nice for a brunch!The picture I have here is made with half the ingredients.
Top Review by lazyme
Loved this omelet. I had a couple of issues - not the recipes fault. My mixer broke while I was beating the egg whites. aarghhh. Then I cooked it a little too long on the stove top so it was a little overly browned. Still tasted wonderful though. For the mushrooms, I used recipe #145922 (also by Rita) and used a combination of chanterelles, shiitake, morels, porcini and cremini mushrooms and shallots. Great flavors and thanks for sharing Rita. Made for ZWT5 2009.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons brie cheese, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sauteed mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup sauteed onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg yolks until thick and light in color.
- Add cream, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Beat egg whites till they form peaks then fold into yolk mixture and gentle toss in mushrooms and onions.
- Pour into a hot buttered cast iron pan.
- Cook slowly until omelet puffs up and is firm on the bottom.
- Place into a preheated oven 350 degrees for about 3 minutes then sprinkle brie on top and bake for 2 more minutes.
- Fold omelet in half and serve.