Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Zaar World Tour 8: French
Make and share this Souffle Juliette recipe from Food.com.
- Trim crusts from bread. This recipe was from 1941 so these might be bigger, thicker, heartier slices of bread than today; I think French bread.
- Butter both sides of bread.
- Place in deep buttered baking dish.
- Add cheese.
- Combine beaten eggs and milk.
- Pour over cheese.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Bake in a pan of water, in a moderate 350 degree Fahrenheit oven, for about 30 minutes.