1/2 Photos of Souffle De Tomate (Tomato Souffle)
Midwest Maven's Note:
Another recipe from the Earl Peyroux cookbook. He was a great French chef I remember seeing on PBS 20 or so years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
- 2Scoop out the pulp and chop very fine.
- 3Add the egg yolks and the bread crumbs to chopped tomato.
- 4Fold in beaten egg whites and spoon mixture into the tomato shells.
- 5Set them in a flat, oven-proof dish and bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Souffle De Tomate (Tomato Souffle)
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.5 mg
- Sodium 93.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g