Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I'm a pastry chef in an international hotel in China. I often get new ideas of desserts from "recipezaar". These recipes are not very professional, but very interesting. Our guests like these desserts very much. "Souffle Cheese Cake" is a good recipe, made myself. When I made this cake in first time in 2001, our executive chef (a French) said: "Fantastic!"
- 350 g cream cheese
- 100 g butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 110 g sugar
- 45 ml lemon juice
- 40 g cake flour, siffed
- 80 ml warm milk
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Butter the cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese, 80 gram butter and egg yolk to blend, then add flour, lemon juice and milk until mixed well.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together egg white and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir GENTLY in cream cheese mixture in three times, until just combined (DO NOT OVERMIX).
- Put the batter into the cakepan, smooth the top.
- Bake in water bath, about 70 minutes, or until a tester come out clean.
- You must take the cakep an away immediately when you take the cake out from oven.
- Serve when it's hot,with fruit coulis.