Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lighter version of Mom's hamburger gravy. Good old comfort food made lighter. Serve with toast or biscuits.
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- 2 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Brown ground turkey till no longer pink. Add mushrooms drained. Sprinkle mixture with flour, pepper and garlic and onion powders.
- Add skim milk and whisk until smooth and thickened. Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve over toast or biscuits.
Needed some more seasoning, but otherwise it is awesome! Served it over buttermilk biscuits!
This was easy to make but required a lot of extra seasoning. I poured the leftovers over bread to make it like biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Yum!
Fast and easy. I added some thyme and salt to this as it was begging for some! Yes- food speaks to me sometimes! lol After tasting this once I whisked in the milk, thickened and added worcestershire it really tasted like raw flour. So I allowed it to continue to cook for a bit on medium low to cook the flour out. Served with mashed potatoes and a simple side salad. Really nice fast meal but next time I will allow the flour to cook for a bit before adding the milk- similar to cooking a roux for thickening a gumbo or gravy. I think I will also add some real onion and garlic when I cook the meat as it was pretty bland for us. BUT we are from TEXAS and enjoy our fod well seasoned- Thanks for a great recipe that can be adjusted so easily to anyone's taste! This is a GREAT base recipe for a LIGHTER SOS that so many of us rely on for a filling meal that is on the table FAST when our family is screaming from hunger and our clocks are speedily ticking away! Made for Beverage Tag! Thanks Ms Sally!