Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was one of my Dad’s favorite meals. It's quick, easy and filling. Substitute the ground beef with sausage and make it a breakfast meal.
- In a hot deep skillet crumble and brown the ground beef. As beef begins to cook, add salt, pepper, butter and chopped onion.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until meat is completely cooked.
- Sprinkle flour over top and stir into meat and onion mixture until totally absorbed.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve over the toast; place 1 or 2 pats of butter on top.