Recipe by FarahC
Healthier chocolate cake
Top Review by sunshinegrl81
I fixed this cake for my son's 2nd birthday and it was a hit! Everyone loved it. I used the round baking pan and put cream cheese frosting in the middle with chocolate frosting on top. My son is allergic to eggs so this was very helpful. Thank you!
- 1 lb chocolate cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oves to 350.
- It is important to NOT follow cake mix directions.
- Mix everything in bowl, but powdered sugar.
- Spray 9x11 pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour into pan,and bake according to cake mix pan size directions on box.
- Cool cake at room temperature.
- Dust with powdered sugar,and serve.
- You can add mix ins if you're not too worried about calories.Or frost with regular frosting.This will make a moist rich dense cake.I might even do this with brownies.