Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Healthier chocolate cake
Make and share this Sorta Healthy Chocolate Cake,or Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oves to 350.
- It is important to NOT follow cake mix directions.
- Mix everything in bowl, but powdered sugar.
- Spray 9x11 pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour into pan,and bake according to cake mix pan size directions on box.
- Cool cake at room temperature.
- Dust with powdered sugar,and serve.
- You can add mix ins if you're not too worried about calories.Or frost with regular frosting.This will make a moist rich dense cake.I might even do this with brownies.
I fixed this cake for my son's 2nd birthday and it was a hit! Everyone loved it. I used the round baking pan and put cream cheese frosting in the middle with chocolate frosting on top. My son is allergic to eggs so this was very helpful. Thank you!
I made this for my son's first birthday and everyone raved! They thought it tasted like a pudding cake. It turned out incredibly moist and chocolatey, even though I didn't have the cocoa powder. Instead, I mixed in a handful of chocolate chips and a generous splash of raspberry syrup. I used Duncan Hines devil's food cake. I skipped the powdered sugar and served it with vanilla ice cream. This is definitely a keeper since it's so easy, relatively healthy and tastes much better than regular chocolate cake!