Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
a Greek-style salad sure to please one and all!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- pitted black olives, chopped
- 4 -6 ounces feta cheese, according to taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 dash garlic powder (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper
- For Salad:.
- Wash all vegetables.
- Chop lettuce according to your taste and place in large salad bowl.
- Chop tomatoes and olives, slice cucumbers and add both to salad bowl.
- Crumble feta into small pieces and add to salad. I use anywhere from 4 to 6 ounces.
- Mix well.
- For the Dressing:.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Allow dressing to sit for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour to allow flavors to meld. Before pouring on salad I remove the raw garlic pieces.
Easy and tasty! I omitted the cuke and added a little dried oregano to the dressing. Really liked the lemon-y flavor of the dressing. made for Spring PAC 2014