- 4 ounces whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup 2% low-fat cheese
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash mustard
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Macaroni to desired firmness. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for a couple of minutes. Add milk, salt and pepper and other spices (garlic, hot sauce, etc) to your taste. when sauce bubbles, add cheese.
- Pour over cooked macaroni. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve with ramano cheese over the top.