Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Jamacian inpired drink from Vegetarian Times.
- 3 cups dried red hibiscus fresh edible flowers or 5 red zinger tea bags
- 4 inches cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed allspice
- 6 inches peeled fresh gingerroot, pieces (2 (3 inch)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- To make Sorrel Drink: Bring all ingredients and 4 cups water to a boil in saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cool, strain, and chill.
- To make Simple Syrup: Bring sugar and water to a boil in small saucepan.
- Stir to dissolve sugar, and simmer 1 minute.
- Pour Sorrel Drink over ice. Serve with pitcher of Simple Syrup for guests to sweeten drinks to taste.