Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Lovely luncheon soup or for a picnic. Quick and easy. Sorrel has a slightly lemon taste it is also known as sour grapes.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup fresh sorrel or 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled & sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese, whipped until creamy
- chives, chopped for garnish
- In a large saucepan add all the ingredients except the sour cream& chives.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Process in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve ladle into bowls top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chives.