Chef Steve Kemp, CC shared his special recipe with everyone on About.com's website. This soup recipe will also be a great addition to our Zaar World Tour 2005 swap.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a Dutch oven melt butter. Add shallots and bay leaves to melted butter and sweat shallots until tender, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and stir well for a minute, pour in wine and reduce by half.
- 2When mixture has been reduced pour in chicken stock, add potatoes,thyme and heavy cream.
- 3Bring soup to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Remove from heat.
- 4Discard bay leaves from soup mixture and add fresh sorrel, puree the soup. Add nutmeg and season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5When ready to serve, garnish with fresh chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sorrel and Potato Soup-Potage à L'oseille -
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 744.0
- Calories from Fat 555
- Total Fat 61.7 g
- Saturated Fat 38.0 g
- Cholesterol 224.8 mg
- Sodium 197.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: