Sorrel and Potato Soup-Potage à L'oseille -
- In a Dutch oven melt butter. Add shallots and bay leaves to melted butter and sweat shallots until tender, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and stir well for a minute, pour in wine and reduce by half.
- When mixture has been reduced pour in chicken stock, add potatoes,thyme and heavy cream.
- Bring soup to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Remove from heat.
- Discard bay leaves from soup mixture and add fresh sorrel, puree the soup. Add nutmeg and season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, garnish with fresh chives.