Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe out of our local newspaper several years ago. It comes from a local sorority. I've been using this recipe for years and everyone loves it! I also swirl in peanut butter and marshmallows after I've poured it into the pan. This recipe is nice because it doesn't require a candy thermometer. Serving amount is a guess.
- 4 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream margarine and sugar with wooden spoon in 6 quart saucepan.
- Mixing thoroughly, stir in milk over medium heat(stirring constantly). Evenly work from bottom of pan.
- Cook to full rolling boil(approx. 10 minutes).
- If using candy thermometer, cook to 230 degrees. If not, cook 7 minutes from start of full rolling boil, still stirring constantly(I always do it this way and it has never failed me).
- Remove from heat and add marshmallow creme, chocolate chips and vanilla(nuts also if using).
- Beat until very think and creamy.
- Pour into an 11x16 tray which has been lightly and evenly buttered.
This fudge recipe is great. It is very smooth and creamy. I would definitely make this again. Thanks for a good recipe. Made for Fall PAC 07 Added. My DH took this to his work. His boss and boss wife thought it was the best fudge they had ever had. Boss Wife is very picky. Boss wants my to give wife the recipe.