Recipe by grandma2969
this spread is gone when used on cakes or on sandwiches made from steamed brown bread, thinly sliced and buttered...it will keep in refrigerator at least one week..delicious
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sorghum
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- beat eggs until light and lemon colored, add sorghum, milk, half of nutmeg and salt.
- beat until well blended.
- cook on low heat, stirring constantly so it will not burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- cook until it is the thickness of custard.
- remove from heat and beat in remainder of nutmeg.
- place in a glass jar to keep refrigerated until ready to use.