Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
if you love sorghum..this will become your divinity of choice..
- combine sugar, corn syrup, sorghum and water in saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
- place candy thermometer in mixture and cook to 255* without stirring.
- Place egg whites in mixing bowl and beat at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- change mixer speed to medium and slowly pour half of the syrup into egg whites.
- continue beating egg white-syrup mixture until it holds stiff, glossy peaks.
- drop candy by tspfuls onto buttered cookie sheet or wax paper.
- for an extra treat, dip some of the cooled pieces in butterscotch or caramel candy coating.