Recipe by Derf
A refreshing light dessert, serve with light cookies. Originally from "French Cooking - Eileen Reece".
Top Review by Kat
I made mine with fresh berries from home, and used juice of two lemons (i.e. 6 tbsp "ReaLemon"). This recipe is all flavor! (Though it will depend on the quality of your berries!). The amount of sugar was nice, it was just enough to cut down on tartness but wasn't overly sweet. I froze some of my mixture in popsicle containers.
- 1 lb strawberry
- 1 lb raspberries
- 7 ounces sugar
- 1⁄2 pint water (only if using fresh fruit, I use frozen berries, they don't need extra water, just don't drain them)
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Hull the fruit, save a dozen whole berries for garnish.
- Liquidize or mash them and pass them through a fine sieve to remove pips.
- Beat in the sugar until dissolved, add water (if using) and strained lemon juice and pour into a freezing container.
- Freeze for 40 minutes.
- Remove and beat with a "silver" or "wooden" spoon and freeze again for 4 hours.
- Serve in tall glasses.
- Garnish with whole berries.