Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple sorbet, reminicent of the Carribean. From Sundays at Moosewood.
- 3 very ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 3 ounces pineapple juice, frozen into ice cube trays
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- Place everything in a blender or food processor, and puree until the mixture is smooth and resembles soft ice cream or slush.
- Serve immediately in chilled bowls.
This was soooo good Kat!! We are huge sorbet fans and this really hit the spot. We used fresh pineapple juice (half frozen) and fresh grated coconut (thank you Guam!!). Some might think the coconut makes a weird texture but we loved it!! Can't wait to make this again once the Vitamix gets here as it did take a while in the food processor (yeah don't even have a working blender!!). We ate the whole batch last night & I'm making another to keep in the freezer for a quick cool treat. Thanks for this lovely combo Kat!! Made for Veg*n Swap 26!!
I cheated, too and added unfrozen pineapple juice concentrate. As a result, the end product wasn't very slushy, but it was good. Reviewed for Veg Swap/Tag July.
I used all-unfrozen pineapple juice. I guess I'm impatient! Very tasty! My 5yo wasn't too into it though, so I put some carob chips in his. :) Thanks for a cold treat! Reivewed for the June Veg*n Swap.